From Vincent Hardy <vincent.ha...@sun.com>
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 15:38:09 GMT
Thomas E Deweese wrote:

> CE> does anybody know when Batik 2.0 will be released ?
>
>     No...

We still have not finished 1.5 but I still hope we can accomplish that
in the not too distant future. The commiters have been taken by other
projects which have made the last attempt at a 1.5 release unsuccessful.

Adding SMIL animation (that would be Batik 2.0) requires some major
modification/improvements to Batik and it is unclear at this time
when/how that would be done (resource-wise, this is an issue). As
always, contributors are welcome!

Vincent.