From "G. Wade Johnson" <wade.john...@abbnm.com>
Subject Squiggle won't load
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 16:01:59 GMT
I feel really stupid at this point, but I've got to ask.

Yesterday, I was working with Batik without any problems. This morning I

can't get the squiggle browser to load. My application using Batik works
fine.

It just seems to be the browser.

Apparently I changed something, somewhere, but I haven't been able to
find
it.

I'm running on Windows 2000, SP2.

The command line I'm using is:
java -jar c:\lib\batik-1.5\batik-squiggle.jar

The exception I'm getting is:
C:\src\SVGRangerTest>Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializer Error
        at
org.apache.batik.apps.svgbrowser.JAuthenticator.initWindow(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.batik.apps.svgbrowser.JAuthenticator.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.batik.apps.svgbrowser.Main.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.batik.apps.svgbrowser.Main.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for
base ame org.apache.batik.apps.svgbrowser.resources.GUI, locale en_US
        at
java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.batik.i18n.LocalizableSupport.getResourceBundle(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.batik.apps.svgbrowser.Resources.<clinit>(Unknown
Source)
        ... 4 more

I have tried with and without a file on the command line. I've tried
with and without the
CLASSPATH set. I've even restarted the machine (...I know, I know). I've
tried everything
I can think of and I always get exactly the same exception.

If someone can point me in the right direction, I'd be glad to reverse
whatever change I've
made.

Thanks in advance,
G. Wade