From "G. Wade Johnson" <wade.john...@abbnm.com>
Subject Large SVG file problem
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 21:40:15 GMT
I have an application that loads an SVG file into a JSVGCanvas object
for display.

Batik 1.5b4.
Java 1.4.1_01
Windows 2000, SP2

I have been handed a large SVG file (10M) to display. The display fails
with a
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError exception. When I checked my system, I was
sitting
at 200M used on a 128M system. Okay, no surprise.

Next I tried to run the same app, with the same file, on a machine with
500M of
RAM. This application failed with the same exception, even though only
300M
of memory was in use.

Is there some arbitrary limit to the amount of memory I can allocate
with Batik and
Java?

Before you ask, I don't intend to run with a file this large in general.
It's being used
as a worst-case scenario for testing my program.

TIA,
G. Wade