From "Ezberlin, Prakte12-08" <PraktE12-08.EZBer...@t-systems.com>
Subject use-Tags
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 11:51:33 GMT
Hello!

I use JSVGCanvas for simple editing of SVG elements.
I want to insert a new reference to an existing <symbol>-tag, but
the change is only reflected in the DOM and not on the canvas.
Other manipulations work fine that proof me that dynamic update works.

My idea of creating a new instance:

Element newUseTag=document.createElement("use");
newUseTag.setAttribute("xlink:href","#helper"+id.substring(1));
newUseTag.setAttribute("xlink:type","simple");
newUseTag.setAttribute("xlink:actuate","onLoad");
newUseTag.setAttribute("xlink:show","embed");
newUseTag.setAttribute("xmlns:xlink","http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink");
newUseTag.setAttribute("transform","translate(10,150)");
document.getDocumentElement().appendChild(newUseTag);

I am trying to instantiate the xlink attribute in different way but that doesn't work until
now.

Thank you for your help
Uwe Knauer