From Prasanna Chetty <pche...@cordys.com>
Subject RE: split a big SVG document ?
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2003 04:24:48 GMT
Hi Vincent,
	Thanks a lot. I will look into the library API's specified by you.

Thanks and Regards
Prasanna

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Hardy [mailto:vincent.hardy@sun.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 10:17 PM
To: Batik Users
Subject: Re: split a big SVG document ?

Hello Prasanna,

One possibility: the rasterizer lets you specify an area of interest for
an SVG image. Depending on what you want to do exactly, this may not be
efficient enough.

In that case, you could always load your document, and then render it
multiple times after changing the Renderer's transform to correspond to
different areas of interest. To understand how to do that, you can have
a look at xxx.batik.transcoder.SVGAbstractTranscoder and
xxx.batik.transcoder.image.ImageTranscoder.

Vincent.

Prasanna Chetty wrote:

> Can I use the Batik library to split a big SVG document into smaller
> documents, so that it can be printed?
>  Why I want to do this is, I don't have direct method to print the full
SVG