From "Thierry Kormann" <tkorm...@ilog.fr>
Subject RE: foafnaut in Batik
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 22:15:33 GMT

> http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/js/rhino/examples/Foo.java
>
> it suggests you get the javascript behaviour for free, if you extend
> ScriptableObject, see the foo.a in line 64 - that's what I'm attempting to
> do.

You are right. None of our native objects can be extended with properties or
methods. Though it might be easy to make our DOM extensible, this feature
forces our DOM implementation to depend on Rhino classes (basically our
implementation of dom::Node should extend ScriptableObject rather than
java.lang.Object).

I think we have to think more about it and I suggest you add a RFE in
bugzilla.

Thierry.