From "Christian Kindler" <Christian.Kind...@draeger.com>
Subject how to get global coordinates for local elements?
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 10:52:31 GMT
Hello,

how can I get the "global" coordinates for an "local" element?

e.g. I have an element somewhere in a <defs> block and this
element is (not directly) referenced by a <use> tag:

Example1:

<svg>
<use xlink:href="#ref1" x="30" y="30"/>
<defs>
  <g id="ref1" transform="some transformations">
    <use xlink:href="#ref2" x="25" y="11"/>
  </g>

  <g id="ref2">
    <circle cx="5" cy="10" r="3"/>
  </g>
</defs>
</svg>

Example2:

<svg>
  <circle cx="?" cy="?" r="3"/>
</svg>

How do I get the coordinates for the circle element for example2 to have
the circle at the same position like in example1?

I tried to build the GVTTree an get the GraphicsNode (to get the transform
from) for the element but BridgeContext.getGraphicsNode(element) always
returns null.

Any hints?

Regards,
Christian