From Karl_Lars...@salvationarmy.org
Subject Slight progress.....NullPointerException
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 11:37:55 GMT

Thomas,

I discovered that I had to 'refresh' the modified jars in Notes - not just re-import them.
I am now getting the
System.out messages:

Code Excerpt:

            System.out.println("SAXDocumentFactory just before parse");
            parser.parse(is);
            System.out.println("SAXDocumentFactory just after parse");
      } catch (SAXException e) {
            System.out.println("SAXDocumentFactory caught exception e:");
            System.out.println(e);
            System.out.println("SAXDocumentFactory line after exception object e is printed:");
            Exception ex = e.getException();
            if (ex != null && ex instanceof InterruptedIOException) {
                throw (InterruptedIOException)ex;
            }
            throw new IOException(e.getMessage());
      }

Result:

SAXDocumentFactory just before parse
SAXDocumentFactory caught exception e:
java.lang.NullPointerException
SAXDocumentFactory line after exception object e is printed:

java.io.IOException: java.lang.NullPointerException
      at org.apache.batik.dom.util.SAXDocumentFactory.createDocument(SAXDocumentFactory.java:360)
      at org.apache.batik.dom.util.SAXDocumentFactory.createDocument(SAXDocumentFactory.java:277)
      at org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SAXSVGDocumentFactory.createDocument(SAXSVGDocumentFactory.java:158)
      at org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SAXSVGDocumentFactory.createDocument(SAXSVGDocumentFactory.java:231)
      at org.apache.batik.transcoder.XMLAbstractTranscoder.transcode(XMLAbstractTranscoder.java:118)
      at SaveAsJPEG.createJPEG(SaveAsJPEG.java:46)
      at JavaAgent.NotesMain(JavaAgent.java:32)
      at lotus.domino.AgentBase.runNotes(Unknown Source)
      at lotus.domino.NotesThread.run(NotesThread.java:208)

org.apache.batik.transcoder.TranscoderException: null
Enclosed Exception:
java.lang.NullPointerException
      at org.apache.batik.transcoder.XMLAbstractTranscoder.transcode(XMLAbstractTranscoder.java:126)
      at SaveAsJPEG.createJPEG(SaveAsJPEG.java:46)
      at JavaAgent.NotesMain(JavaAgent.java:32)
      at lotus.domino.AgentBase.runNotes(Unknown Source)
      at lotus.domino.NotesThread.run(NotesThread.java:208)

The "SAXDocumentFactory just after parse" line isn't getting printed, so I guess the problem
line is:

parser.parse(is);

As per my previous message, I have upgraded to batik-src-1.5beta4b.zip and the test SVG can
be opened with no problems
in squiggle.

Karl

use of individuals or entity to whom they are addressed.

If you have received this email in error, please notify The Salvation Army International Headquarters
Helpdesk on +44 (0) 20 7398 5466 or the originator of the message.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender
specifies and with the authority, states them to be the views of The Salvation Army International
Trustee Company.

[v3.5.1]