From Karl_Lars...@salvationarmy.org
Subject RE: NullPointerException
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 12:57:34 GMT

Thomas,

Thanks for your help again:

TD> I asked if you could create the reader yourself.  Did you try:

TD> XMLReader parser = XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader(parserClassName);

TD> Where parserClassName is the crimson parser impl?

Yes - The following code...

XMLReader parser = XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader("org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl");
XMLResourceDescriptor.setXMLParserClassName("org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl");
String parserStr = XMLResourceDescriptor.getXMLParserClassName();
System.out.println(parserStr);

...still gives the response:

"org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl"

TD> You will probably need to build your own copy of the Batik Jars with the debug="on"
property set for Ant (per my

OK - I managed that, and it came out with the following stack trace:

java.io.IOException: java.lang.NullPointerException

      at org.apache.batik.dom.util.SAXDocumentFactory.createDocument(SAXDocumentFactory.java:211)

      at org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SAXSVGDocumentFactory.createDocument(SAXSVGDocumentFactory.java:128)

      at org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SAXSVGDocumentFactory.createDocument(SAXSVGDocumentFactory.java:199)

      at org.apache.batik.transcoder.XMLAbstractTranscoder.transcode(XMLAbstractTranscoder.java:118)

      at SaveAsJPEG.createJPEG(SaveAsJPEG.java:47)

      at JavaAgent.NotesMain(JavaAgent.java:32)

      at lotus.domino.AgentBase.runNotes(Unknown Source)

      at lotus.domino.NotesThread.run(NotesThread.java:208)

org.apache.batik.transcoder.TranscoderException: null
Enclosed Exception:
java.lang.NullPointerException

      at org.apache.batik.transcoder.XMLAbstractTranscoder.transcode(XMLAbstractTranscoder.java:126)

      at SaveAsJPEG.createJPEG(SaveAsJPEG.java:47)

      at JavaAgent.NotesMain(JavaAgent.java:32)

      at lotus.domino.AgentBase.runNotes(Unknown Source)

      at lotus.domino.NotesThread.run(NotesThread.java:208)

Thanks again for any suggestions.

Karl

use of individuals or entity to whom they are addressed.

If you have received this email in error, please notify The Salvation Army International Headquarters
Helpdesk on +44 (0) 20 7398 5466 or the originator of the message.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender
specifies and with the authority, states them to be the views of The Salvation Army International
Trustee Company.

[v3.5.1]