From "Lolling, Jan" <Jan.Loll...@t-systems.com>
Subject AW: Question on overlays
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 13:15:44 GMT
I think it is not the best idea to create any svg-DOM-elements in paintComponent().
If you want extend you svg DOM than insert the elements direct in the DOM or
if you want draw helping paints than use the overlay.

Jan

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Siarhei Biarozkin [mailto:sberyozkin@zandar.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 6. März 2003 14:06
An: Batik Users
Betreff: Re: Question on overlays

Thanks,
We're using a JSvgCanvas subclass,
originally, we thought we'd the grid in paintComponent(), however the
following caused us to change that decision :
- with ACTIVE_DYNAMIC state paintComponent() is called very frequently
- the DOM document contains a custom group, as the first child of the svg
doc element, which is the overall background - while I'm writing this I
suddenly realize that the only solution for us is to insert a grid group
into DOM, as a second child, between the background group and the remaining
children

Cheers
Sergey Beryozkin