From "Baron, Randy {PRG~Basel}" <RANDY.BA...@Roche.COM>
Subject RE: Batik 1.5beta5 available
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 15:28:24 GMT
Hi,
   I just switched to the new version of Batik 1.5b5.  The fix of the
tooltips hanging around is fantastic since I was just starting to look
into solving that problem myself and it looked very difficult.  That
problem is gone in 1.5b5 but is replaced by another:
   I have a JDesktopPane with a toolbar, a menubar and two
JInternalFrames, one with a JSVGCanvas and one with a JTree.  With
Batik1.5b4 the user would select some data from the tree, then the data
would be converted to svg and rendered.  Now, after the user selects the
data from the tree, the entire outermost frame (the one holding the
JDesktop), snaps to a very small size, just large enough to display the
toolbar and menubar it contains.  The user then has to drag the window
corner back down to make the frame large enough again to see the canvas
where the data is displayed.

  Does anyone have an idea what might be responsible for this new
behaviour?

-Randy