From "E Dambik" <dam...@indiana.edu>
Subject JSVGCanvas Bean - Serialization Error
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 23:06:55 GMT
I'm trying to use JSVGCanvas as a serialized bean in Sun One Studio 4 CE
update 1 (aka Forte).
If I try to serialize JSVGCanvas using the jar file, I get the following
error from SOS:

  Wed Apr 23 17:37:29 GMT-05:00 2003: java.io.NotSerializableException:
org.apache.batik.swing.JSVGCanvas$2
  Annotation: Exception during serialization
org.apache.batik.swing.JSVGCanvas
  java.io.NotSerializableException: org.apache.batik.swing.JSVGCanvas$2

If I create my own bean which uses JSVGCanvas, I get this error when trying
to serialize:

  Wed Apr 23 17:39:13 GMT-05:00 2003:
       java.io.NotSerializableException:
org.apache.batik.swing.JSVGCanvas$CanvasSVGListener
  Annotation: Exception during serialization .SVGViewerBean
  java.io.NotSerializableException:
org.apache.batik.swing.JSVGCanvas$CanvasSVGListener

(j2sdk1.4.1_02, Win2K)

Any suggestions or hints would be appreciated.

ed
dambik@indiana.edu