From Thomas E Deweese <thomas.dewe...@kodak.com>
Subject RE: JSVGCanvas.setURI() vs. JSVGCanvas.setSVGDocument()?
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 12:21:22 GMT

GW> Now I no longer use setSVGDocument() I do not need this.  This
GW> "feature" is really bad form.

    Unfortunately it is the only way to know when your size has been
fully negotiated :(.  This is needed so I can call onload scripts and
have the various viewport query methods return correct answers.

GW> On top of that the window browser window would grow even though
GW> the bounding box of the SVG had not.

    I don't see how calling 'window.pack()' would cause this.  There
must be pieces being left around from the last rendering (although
even there the size is based on asking the DOM what the w/h of the SVG
is - which shouldn't be effected by anything).