From C F <tacnab...@yahoo.com>
Subject Rasterizer performance as servlet
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 16:56:39 GMT

Hello,

Regarding this thread....

http://koala.ilog.fr/batik/mlists/batik-users/archives/msg00214.html

This pretty much sums up what I'm seeking answers to.  It is a discussion that took place
quite a while ago (in 2001) so I'm wondering what has changed since then.  Basically, I want
the options for users to use either SVG or PNG images on my web site as an interface to a
web-based application.  However, unlike many had predicted/hoped SVG support is not widely
available to the average web user.  I know there are nice, free SVG plugins available but
you all know how users are with plugins.  I really want to have support for both SVG and raster
output (using the svgrasterizer).  However, I wonder if the rasterization process is just
not going to perform.  I don't have specific numbers for you as far as what I need, I was
just hoping to get some generic discussion ont he topic and see what other people's experiences
have been.

Thanks!