From Cameron McCormack <...@csse.monash.edu.au>
Subject Re: Getting CSS values
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 07:43:46 GMT
Cameron McCormack:
> How do you manipulate the CSS of SVG Elements?

OK, I have come to the conclusion that I use the getComputedStyle method
of the ViewCSS interface to get the current style of an object.  I ran
into the same problems, though, as described in this post from the
archive:

  http://koala.ilog.fr/batik/mlists/batik-users/archives/msg02176.html

This says that "You get a NullPointerException because you do not
initialize the CSSEngine.  In Batik this is done in
org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeContext."

So how do I initialise the CSSEngine for my SVGDocument?  Do I need to
create a BridgeContext which will do this for me?  Can I initialise the
CSSEngine myself?

Thanks,

Cameron

--