From "Claire WALL" <K995...@atlas.kingston.ac.uk>
Subject Batik and Java Web Start
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 13:43:18 GMT
which I want to download from a web site to the client
using Java Web Start. The application displays five SVG images (it's a game of
Yahtzee using SVG for the dice images) and works fine when run locally.</flushboth>

<flushboth>However, when i come to run it on Tomcat and run it on the client using Java

Web Start it doesnt download due to the JAR file (which contains all my code)
being 'unsigned'. So i went and signed the JAR file and now when I try and run
it it says that it cannot verify the signing of the JAR file. </flushboth>

I signed the JAR file by doing:

<FontFamily><param>Courier New</param>keytool -genkey -keystore myKeys -alias
jdc<bigger>

</color><smaller>jarsigner -keystore myKeys Yahtzee.jar jdc<FontFamily><param>Arial</param>

META-INF folder:

	JDC.DSA and JDC.SF

<flushboth>and also created a file called myKeys in the same folder that Yahtzee.jar
was
in. When i run it now it says that it cannot verify the signing of the JAR file.
Why is this so? Am I doing it correctly?</flushboth>

<flushboth>Also on another note, where do the Batik JAR files have to be? I have put
them
in the WEB-INF/lib folder and then let the JNLP file know where they are by the
code:</flushboth>

<flushboth>	<FontFamily><param>Courier New</param><<jar href="WEB-INF/lib/batik-swing.jar"/></flushboth>

<flushboth>	<<jar href="WEB-INF/lib/batik-ext.jar"/></flushboth>

<flushboth>	.</flushboth>

<flushboth>	.	</flushboth>

<flushboth>	etc</flushboth>

<flushboth>Is this correct? I'm sure this is ok because before i put this code in, Java
Web
Start didnt work because it didnt know what SVGDocument was etc.</flushboth>

<flushboth>Any help would be much appreciated</flushboth>

<flushboth>Thanks</flushboth>

<flushboth>Claire :)</flushboth>

<nofill>