From Ilya Zelker <i.zel...@gtisoft.com>
Subject updates in RunnableQueue
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 17:10:06 GMT

Hi, I have a bug that exists only on the SGI platform. This works fine on
all major unix
platfoms. I have an animator class that is extended from Thread. Inside run
method attributes
of some svg elements are getting updated. On SGI when application runs the
dispatch event thread
seemed to be jammed by this updates. Screen updates are slow and different
ui events are delivered
very slow. I tend to think that it is an SGI java bug, not Batik. I need to
figure what exactly does not work. How those updates in batik class
RunnablQueue are implemented. Is it mutlithreading issue may be. Do you guys
have an idea? Thanks for your help .
/* Pseudo code for the SGI bug
  *
class Animation extends Thread
{

    public void run()
    {
	RunnableQueue rq = _svgPnl.getUpdateManager().getUpdateRunnableQueue();
		while(..some condition...)
		{
			rq.invokeLater(new Runnable()
			{
				public void run()
				{
					...Here I update attributes of the svg element
				}
			}
			);

			..some code