From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: How to use Batik Project
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 10:20:52 GMT
Shan Kajendran wrote:
>   Message
> Hi Genies
>
> I am new to this forum and Batik.  As I am doing research in SVG, I
> would like to play around with  Batik's software.  Especially SVG-DOM
> and SVG-Generator.
>
> I have some basic questions to clarify with you guys.
>

> I have downloaded Batik Software and Unzipped and it is in the following
> Directory   "D:\batik-src-1.5\xml-batik\ManymoreFolders"
>
> Q1) How can I build this code ?

     The src dist is setup to use ant for building.
There is a build script (build.bat or build.sh) that will bootstrap
ant.  If you _just_ want to compile:

% build compile

To run squiggle (the svg browser) and show anne:

% build squiggle samples/batikLogo.svg

 > Q2) I got j2sdk1.4.1_01, is that OK?

     Sure.

 > Q3) Any chance to build Module by Module of this source code, for
 > example if I did some changes in the SVG Dom code is that possible to
 > build only that bit?

     You would have to change the build.xml file to adjust what
is built.  In general I don't think this is worth while, Ant
will generally only rebuild what needs rebuilding (it's dependencies
aren't very deep so sometimes it get's it wrong), and even on my
not so fast laptop a total rebuild takes less than 3 min (which
might be a shock from someone comming from a C/C++ world).