From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: Entities and dynamic Documents
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 10:29:44 GMT
Jean-Christophe ARNU (JX) wrote:
> Le Wed, 06 Aug 2003 07:11:22 -0400
> Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWeese@Kodak.com> me disait que :

>>     useElt.setAttributeNS("http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink", "href", "#foo");

> 	Okaye, thank you, it works now! I'm happy :)

    Good.

> 	Is there a way to get batik work without beeing connected to the
 > internet. I mean that the parser should connect to the differents URL to
 > validate (if any validation is applicable) the document (with the
 > different namespaces and so on)? I've been using my own XML parser to
 > display simple SVG drawings (path based elements), and I was able to
 > avoid connection to the internet. This question is really important for
 > me because, several application's users are not connected to the
 > internet and are not able to.

     I'm not 100% certain I follow what you want.  In general the
answer is yes.  If you look at
sources/org/apache/batik/dom/svg/SAXSVGDocumentFactory.java
There is a method: resolveEntity This is called to try and
locate DTD's and the like.  This class already 'short circuits'
many DTD's to be either a minimal DTD when not validating or
a local copy of the SVG DTD.  The list is controllable through
the resource file:
xml-batik/resources/org/apache/batik/dom/svg/resources/dtdids.properties