From "Denis Bohm" <de...@fireflydesign.com>
Subject Re: grab DOM event?
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 04:30:44 GMT
>    I think you are being too hard on the transparent rectangle solution.
> This has a long history in UI engines (lots of X11 apps used this approach
> to 'deaden' areas of the UI).  Allowing an application to truely grab
> mouse events can be problematic in a Browser context - easy denial of
> service attack.

The main problem that I have with the transparent rectangle approach is that
it doesn't cover the case where the user presses within the JSVGCanvas and
then drags outside.  The cursor does not remain set - even though the mouse
is still captured by the JSVGCanvas.  Moves and releases are being processed
but the cursor does not show the correct feedback.  I tried looking at the
cursor setting code in Batik to see if I could change the behavior, but it
seems like it's quite spread out.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
 Denis