From Andreas Neumann <neum...@karto.baug.ethz.ch>
Subject JS Debugger in Batik Squiggle
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 19:42:42 GMT
Hi!

at SVG.Open 2003 in Vancouver, Thomas demonstrated a integrated JS debugger with
Batik Squiggle.

I would be most interested in using this feature, and I guess most other
developers would be as well. It would also help me a lot for making my existing
SVG/ECMA Script apps better compliant with alternative SVG viewers, other than
Adobe.

I found the lack of a real debugger in SVG application development a major pain.
This is where the Flash alternative excells. The only way to use SVG with a
debugger so far, is the eSVG solution from Intesis.

Is this debugger available already or is it part of the Batik cvs version? Is
this an extension I can install with Batik 1.5 or will it be part of Batik 2?

Is there already information available on the Web on this topic?

Thanks a lot,
Andreas

--
He who asks is a fool for five minutes,
but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

Andreas Neumann - Department of Cartography
ETH Hoenggerberg, CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland
Phone: ++41-1-633 3031, Fax: ++41-1-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.karto.ethz.ch/neumann/
SVG.Open/Carto.net: http://www.svgopen.org/