From Vincent Hardy <vincent.ha...@sun.com>
Subject Re: JSVGCanvas in a JScrollPane again....
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 14:02:38 GMT
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Hello Zach,<br>
JSVGCanvas in a JScrollPane is pretty popular and we see a lot of demand
for your work. If you are interested in contributing your work so that it
becomes available to everyone getting Batik, please email me (privately so
that we do not clutter the mailing list) and I'll explain how we could make
the contribution happen,<br>
Cheers,<br>
Vincent.<br>
Zach DelProposto wrote:<br>
 cite="midPine.SOL.4.44.0308191800090.14832-100000@timepilot.gpcc.itd.umich.edu">
    <pre wrap="">I am in kind-of a bind and would love to help out in any way, if that
might speed up the process. '
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
I will send it to you wednesday. Feel free to send me a private email to
ensure that that is done.

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">I could use the current solution, but, when I zoom in, the document
gets
clipped.

I think the clipping is because the canvas is always the document size.
Something clips it so it will not draw bigger than the canvas.  So when
the viewport is bigger than the document's native size, and the document
is being displayed at more than 100% normal size, the document gets
clipped.  The viewable image is never bigger than the document's native
size.

I have gone through Batik and tried to change the rendering size to no
avail.  I am starting to think the clipping is coming from one of the
java.awt or javax.swing classes.  Changing the canvas size, however,
causes Batik to rescales the image again.

Does your new "scroll pane" address this issue or is this a separate
problem?

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Currently, the way it works (from memory) is:
	a) document is scaled to fit (aspect ratio maintained) in window
	b) user may zoom, pan, or enlarge/reduce window
	c) if window is enlarged (and, lets say, the document is being
		magnified 200%), no clipping will occur.

however, because the viewbox transform is changed by Batik (via
updateRenderingTransform()) the scroll position / translate position is
not quite right, and, clipping can occur. The current scroll code has this
problem. That's why I need to override and modify the
updateRenderingTransform() method. (I only recently figured this out from
this list and some of my own investigation).

This can be eliminated (no clipping) if after a resize of the window
(canvas) the viewbox transform is reset (scaled into the window). Then
when a zoom occurs (which is via the rendering transform), no clipping
will occur (I'm fairly certain of this).

  </pre>