From Reinhard Brandst├Ądter <r.brandstaed...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: General Discussion: Performance
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2003 15:27:14 GMT
Ralf Siegel wrote:
> I know this sounds like quite a generic question, but I would be
> interested to actually hear what people have found out to be essential
> in order to increase rendering speed with using both Batik's Image
> Transcoder + the Canvas component.
>
> Currently I'm rendering about 200 UI graphics (ARGB images) prior to
> application start which takes about 1:30 minutes, i.e. I'm looking for
> bottlenecks since the number of graphics will heavily grow in the future
> :o)

Indeed this would be interesting for me too, my first application that
uses batik, puts ~700 simple graphic elements (rect, circle, line) one
after another into a Document rendered by a SVGCanvas via the
UpdateManager.RunnableQueue.
In detail every 200ms one element is added to the Queue to be
processed...after ~200element the processing and rendering of the
SVGCanvas get jerky - say the elements don't get renered one after
another but in junks of 5 - 10 elements at a time.

Maybe priorize the RunnableQueue higher? I don't think so, I think the
performance problem is inherent with the processing of a DOM tree.

cheers,
Reinhard

--
Reinhard Brandstaedter   r.brandstaedter@gmx.at  GPG: 0x033B81DB
-    Student of Computer Science - J.K. University of Linz     -