From Reinhard Brandst├Ądter <r.brandstaed...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: General Discussion: Performance
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 20:50:39 GMT
Thomas DeWeese wrote:

>   Do the elements overlap?
>
>   If so the problem is most likely that we have to draw the previous
> 200 elements to put the last element on top - we don't try and optimize
> a solid fill object being appended to the _very_ end of the document.
>
>   If they don't overlap then I am a little suprised to see it slow down.
> Also I think 1.5 had a reoccurance of a bug that caused all siblings to be
> rerendered when an element was added to a group - this was fixed short
> after in CVS so you might try that.

Well, yes alway the last 20 elements or so do overlap.
The document structure is fairly flat, most of the elements are direct
childs of the svg element itself.

Reinhard

--
Reinhard Brandstaedter   r.brandstaedter@gmx.at  GPG: 0x033B81DB
-    Student of Computer Science - J.K. University of Linz     -