From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: JSVGComponent dynamic DOM update, invokeAndWait threading issue
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 10:21:01 GMT
George Armhold wrote:
> Thomas DeWeese wrote:
>
>>   Hmm, Do you have a 'mouseRelease done' message at the end of the
>> event handler?
>

> I do now.  It looks like this:
>
> mousePressed entered
> mousePressed exited
> mouseReleased entered
> mouseReleased exited
> updateStarted (UpdateManagerListener)
> updateCompleted (UpdateManagerListener)
>
> Interestingly I get the same sequence with invokeAndWait vs invokeLater.
>  Perhaps the events from the UpdateManager only indicate that screen
> updates have begun/finished, rather than the DOM elements being added?

    Ahh, yes! The update stuff you are seeing is the 'repaint' of the
GVT tree - that also happens in the AWT thread but it is enqueued after
the runnable completes.  So a longer runnable could delay the enqueue
until after the user presses 'load'.  The question then is why were you
getting Null UpdateManager?