From George Armhold <armh...@cs.rutgers.edu>
Subject Re: JSVGComponent dynamic DOM update, invokeAndWait threading issue
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 16:54:24 GMT
Thomas DeWeese wrote:

>> ConcurrentModificationExceptions in the UpdateManager.  I love
>> threads. :-)
>

> Can you provide stack traces?  I'm surprised to see this as the
> UpdateManager is supposed to be thread safe.

As a non-expert I just took a quick look at the latest Batik CVS
source.  The UpdateManager's repaint() method looks like it needs a
synchronized block around its iterator.  Also UpdateTracker.java (used
by UpdateManager) seems to use lots of unsynchronized collections.

--
George Armhold
Rutgers University