From George Armhold <armh...@cs.rutgers.edu>
Subject Re: JSVGComponent dynamic DOM update, invokeAndWait threading issue
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 20:49:55 GMT
Thomas DeWeese wrote:

> Ahh, yes! The update stuff you are seeing is the 'repaint' of the
> GVT tree - that also happens in the AWT thread but it is enqueued
> after the runnable completes.  So a longer runnable could delay the
> enqueue until after the user presses 'load'.  The question then is
> why were you getting Null UpdateManager?

OK, I think we are finally closing in on the problem.  I was assuming
that when my UpdateManagerListener.managerStarted() was fired, that
meant that the RunnableQueue was then available.  I guess this really
just means that the manager for screen updates is now running.  So
now my question is: how can I know when it's safe to call

    UpdateManager um = getUpdateManager();
    RunnableQueue rq = um.getUpdateRunnableQueue();

and add things to the RunnableQueue?

--
George Armhold
Rutgers University