From Ralf Siegel <r...@audiofarm.de>
Subject Re: General Discussion: Performance
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 01:14:08 GMT

>   One possible solution would be to merge all the graphics into
>one larger graphic (one document with say 200 image elements or
>better just put them all in one document).  Then you can pull the
>results out of the generated image.  You might also consider
>stratagies where you only do this once and cache the generated
>graphics on the client.

Cool - it seems like I'm on the right track :o) I already have a SVG Loader
implemented which caches parsed documents and e.g. renders multiple buttons
by switching layers + the generated graphics are saved to disc for a fast
startup.

What about that case: Assuming there is an SVG document 'elements.svg'
which holds three elements 'green', 'blue', 'red'. Then there are anpther
two separate SVG files which are referencing certain elements in that
document, i.e.

---> "A.svg" uses element 'green' and 'red'

---> "B.svg" uses elememt 'blue' and 'red'

Question: Both "A.svg" and "B.svg" require AFAIK to load and parse
"elements.svg" twice, right? Could you simply tell Batik to keep
"elements.svg" for later reuse?

ralf ...

Ralf Siegel - Freelance Developer
Recommended Listening: Broadcast - Haha Sound (Warp)
contact_site: mailto:ralf@audiofarm.de