From Gregory Stafford <gstaff...@constellagroup.com>
Subject TranscoderInput Woes
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:46:12 GMT
It seems like I'm blowing up the transcoder.  I'm using the transcoder to
translate an SVG (that works) to a JPG with code like this:

-----
TranscoderInput   input      = new TranscoderInput(theURL);
TranscoderOutput  output     = new TranscoderOutput(ostream);

try {
   t.transcode(input, output);
}
   catch (Exception e) {
   System.out.println("SVG2JPG: Transcoder fails:" + e);
}
-------
It looks pretty basic and I've used it before. ostream is http repsonse
stream.  theURL may be causing me problems because it may be too long.  Is
there a length limit to theURL that I should be aware of?

here's an example of what theURL is set to:

http://localhost/dtpstandard/servlet/MeanGraph?searchtype=NSC&searchlist=740
&outputformat=HTML&outputmedium=page&chemnameboolean=AND&debugswitch=false&h
ighconc=-5.0&assaytype=&endpt=GI50&SVGonly="Y"&testshortname="Cancer+Screen+
10/2002+Data"