From "Chris Faulkner" <chr...@oramap.com>
Subject RE: anti-alias - attached files (1/1)
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 16:30:29 GMT
Thanks for your help with this. I went back to my original data and my
images are anti-aliased. I guess I was expecting a bit more "blur". The
Adobe SVG viewer seems to do more filtering in its "High Quality" mode but
the Batik output is much better.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: news [mailto:news@sea.gmane.org]On Behalf Of David Eppstein
Sent: 02 September 2003 16:36
To: batik-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: anti-alias - attached files (1/1)

In article <3F5481C1.2060109@Kodak.com>,
 Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWeese@Kodak.com> wrote:

> >>I would like to add anti-aliasing to improve the appearance of the text.
> >>have seen a little discussion about this in the mail archives but no
> >>examples of how to do it.
> >
> > I'm getting text antialiasing with default settings of Batik's
> > rasterizer under OS X.  So maybe this is another of these things that
> > you can't change in Batik itself or your SVG files, it's built into your
> > Java version?
>
>    If you can provide a small sample rendering (to the list if < 10K-20K,
or
> to me if larger) it might help.  Sometimes people don't recognise
> anti-aliasing
> for what it is.

Ok... I've attached the text01 example from the SVG spec, an antialiased
png file resulting from batik-rasterizer, and a crop with the pixels
blown up to 400% and with an opaque background so you can see the
antialiasing more clearly.

--
David Eppstein                      http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/