From Jihai Qiu <ji...@cs.nyu.edu>
Subject [Q] text background color and multiple line breaks
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2003 20:16:55 GMT

Hi,

I need to implement the HTML <div> inside <table> into pdf. Because fop
does not support it, I have to convert the HTML <div>'s with absolute
position into SVG as the frist step.

I encountered two problems and would like to ask you.

The first is about the text background color, especially when converting
Is there any workaround? Can I use script to set it?

The second is for the multiple line breaks(<br>'s). The SVG V1.2 spec
mentions that "if there are no printing characters between the end of
multiple flowline elements the second and greater flowLine elements have
no effect as the current line does not contain any text when they are
processed". Is there any simple way to implement multiple line breaks.

Thank you very much.

Jay