From "Jim Ley" <...@jibbering.com>
Subject Re: Events on used object don't fire
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2003 19:52:08 GMT

"Thomas DeWeese" <Thomas.DeWeese@Kodak.com> wrote in message
news:3F661498.5080105@Kodak.com...
> Jim Ley wrote:
> > "Thomas DeWeese" <Thomas.DeWeese@Kodak.com> wrote in message
> >
> >> It isn't clear to me which is the
> >>lesser of the two evils - not firing the event, or firing the event with
> >>the cloned instance as target.
> >>
> >>   Anyone willing to vote on this :)
> >

> > Could you fire it on the USE?
>
>    This would be more difficult actually, and why would you want it?
> The target is supposed to be the ElementInstance, I would consider our
> 'cloned' instance closer than the use element (which would lose all
information
> about the actual element receiving the event).

because without an ElementInstance/correspondingUseElement we wouldn't be
able to get to the right document? etc. through parentNode etc.  or is the
cloned tree still really there and navigable up the tree back into the real
tree?   I'd rather see the event fire, than not, but I'm a little unsure
about the whole ElementInstance interface anyway.

Jim.