From "Jim Ley" <...@jibbering.com>
Subject Re: Setting Style in Batik 1.5?
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 00:36:53 GMT

"Thomas DeWeese" <Thomas.DeWeese@Kodak.com> wrote in message
news:3F7776D1.7030304@Kodak.com...
> Jim Ley wrote:
>> I don't accept that
>> Batik is doing the right thing within ECMAScript binding.
>
>      Come on Jim, an error is an error :).

True, but the could point to a deeper problem and I believe it does, because
javascript didn't necessarily call (string,string) it may have called
(object,object)
so you are doing type conversion on some of the parameters passed, why not
all?

I don't know of an example stating the behaviour is wrong, but the error
you're reporting does not exist in ecmascript, ecmascript objects do not
throw such an error, the spec doesn't indicate it's an error thrown.

I believe usefully setProperty(a,b,null)  and setProperty(a,b) should behave
identically in an ecmascript binding.  ecmascript authors should not need to
know if it's a host provided or native javascript object.

Jim.