From "Jim Ley" <...@jibbering.com>
Subject Re: Setting Style in Batik 1.5?
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:49:15 GMT

"Thomas DeWeese" <Thomas.DeWeese@Kodak.com> wrote in message
news:3F7830D4.2060808@Kodak.com...
>     In either case they will get an error!

Are you sure, all other implementations of SVG DOM style that I can find do
not error and do change the style with setProperty("a","b",null)  so 3rd
property null does not appear to be an error from implementations (spec
appears unclear to me, it just says string, with the obvious javascript
typeless problem) documentation on use also shows null is appropriate e.g.
the normally excellent ppk's http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/changess.html

> Are you seriously suggesting that I
> go and write and then maintain several dozen wrapper classes (which will
likely
> slow things down) _just_ so the user sees 'priority can't be null'?

No of course not...  but is it an error?  Adobe and CSV implementors don't
think so, Mozilla, Opera both type convert null to a valid priority.   It's
not a major bug or anything like that, and I do appreciate the difficulty in
the java connection and as it's easy for script people to cope with I
wouldn't recommend spending any time on it - there are bigger priorities.
I'm just not confident that it should be an error.

Jim.