From "David Proft" <da...@motive.com>
Subject Displaying Simple SVG without using JSVGComponent.
Date Sat, 11 Oct 2003 17:00:54 GMT
Hello,

I have seen many examples of how to write swing objects to SVG files and examples of showing
SVG files in Swing using the JSVGComponent class.  However, I have not been able to find an
example that shows how to simply write SVG to a given Graphics object.  Let me explain,

My problem is that I am using a graphing package where one can overwrite the node's (which,
BTW, is not a Swing component) paint() method.  When this node is rendered by the graphing
package, I want the SVG image to be drawn.

For example:

private class MyNode extends JGoBasicNode
{
    public void paint(Graphics2D g, JGoView view)
    {
        Rectangle boundingArea = getBoundingRect();   // The area/bounding box to draw the
SVG into
--->    XXX.drawSVG(<some SVG reference>, g, boundingArea);  // Scale and draw the
SVG into the bounding area
    }
}

I'm looking for a way to make the above marked line be real code.  I have looked at the JSVGComponent
source code but am not sure what exactly is needed to do the above.

I know that this is not very efficient and maybe slow.  My SVG files are very simple, however.
 If my performance is still too poor, I will use images (g.grawImage(...)).

Thank you in advance for your help,

David