From Andreas Neumann <neum...@karto.baug.ethz.ch>
Subject Re: Dynamically created elements show up in DOM-tree viewer but not on canvas
Date Sat, 18 Oct 2003 15:21:49 GMT
yes - that helped. Thanks a lot for the hint!

Too bad, that there are SVG viewers that encourage people like me being lazy ...

Andreas

Zitiere Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>:

> "Andreas Neumann" <neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch> wrote in message
> > Hi!
> >
> > at the below example
> > http://www.carto.net/geog234/lab3/lab3_end.svg
> >
> > I dynamically create circles, the function "drawCircles()" is called
> "onload".
> > It works correctly in the debugger and the newly created elements show
> up
> > correctly in the DOM-Tree-Viewer, but they don't visually show up in
> the
> > Squiggle canvas. The script-code is inline.
>
> You have
> myCircle = svgdoc.createElement("circle");
>

> createElementNS(svgNS,"circle")
>
> > The same code works correctly in the Adobe and Corel SVG viewers.
>
> A bug in these viewers.
>
> Jim.

The only thing that stands between a man and what he wants from
life is often merely the will to try it and the faith to believe
that it is possible ...
-- M. DeVos

Andreas Neumann - Department of Cartography
ETH Hoenggerberg, CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland
Phone: ++41-1-633 3031, Fax: ++41-1-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.karto.ethz.ch/neumann/
SVG.Open/Carto.net: http://www.svgopen.org/