From Andreas Neumann <neum...@karto.baug.ethz.ch>
Subject Re: delayed mouse-over effect for first time of mouse-over
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 18:50:31 GMT
Just downloaded CVS version and tried it with the US example. Yes, the delay has
gone and also the mouse-over feels much "snappier" now!

Good work, thanks a lot!

>     We were always using Bounding Box first it's just that the Bounding
> Box was computed on the unioned sensitive region, and doing the
> geometric
> union was being very slow for complex data (I believe it is generally
> an O(N^2) operation in the number of edges).  We now do the union of
> the bounding rects of the geometry that would be unioned.

ok - did not understand it in the first run.

Looking forward to test more examples with Batik now.

Andreas

--
The only thing that stands between a man and what he wants from
life is often merely the will to try it and the faith to believe

Andreas Neumann - Department of Cartography
ETH Hoenggerberg, CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland
Phone: ++41-1-633 3031, Fax: ++41-1-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.karto.ethz.ch/neumann/
SVG.Open/Carto.net: http://www.svgopen.org/