From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: Batik Plugin?
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 19:28:54 GMT
Denis Bohm wrote:

> Can Batik be run as an Internet Explorer Plugin?  In the same way as the
> Adobe SVG Viewer?

   Not that I am aware of.  Some people have played with using Batik
as an applet.  You can also start it from a web page using Java Web Start,
but AFAIK you can't use java to handle a particular mime type in IE,
apparently this _is_ possible in Mozilla (I think they were/are called
pluglets) this was done for a _very_ early version of Batik but I
don't know where that code is (I don't think it was ever actually
contributed- and it probably wouldn't be all that useful at this point).