From George Armhold <armh...@cs.rutgers.edu>
Subject Re: JSVGComponent dynamic DOM update, invokeAndWait threading issue
Date Sat, 11 Oct 2003 14:49:19 GMT
Is it safe to call setSVGDocument at any time, or must I make sure
that the previous doc loading/building/rendering has completed?  I
just constructed a test case that loads several documents in
succession, and get the following NPE:

java.lang.NullPointerException
         at org.apache.batik.swing.svg.JSVGComponent.stopThenRun(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.apache.batik.swing.svg.JSVGComponent.setSVGDocument(Unknown Source)
         at CanvasTest$1.run(CanvasTest.java:63)
         at org.apache.batik.util.RunnableQueue.run(Unknown Source)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

I was assuming that the "canceled" methods in the various listener
interfaces meant that the canvas correctly handles requests to load
new docs before in-progress loads have completed.

Thanks

--
George Armhold
Rutgers University