From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: Connection reset by peer exception
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:58:07 GMT
Christian Cryder wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I am using  Batik to try and render a document like this:
> [...] Instead, when I get to this line here:
>
>     svgGenerator.stream( writer, false );
>
> I get the following exception:
>
>     error encoding chart:org.apache.batik.svggen.SVGGraphics2DIOException:
>     Connection reset by peer: socket write error
>
> Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong here? The problem occurs in both IE
> and Mozilla...

    I suspect that the problem is that IE and Mozilla are
doing 'content sniffing' so they fetch the document once
and suddenly realizes it isn't HTML and close the connection
and forward the URL to the plug-in.  In this case you
should _very_ shortly after see an identical request to your
service (this time from the plug-in), so you might want to
cache the generated document for a short while on the server.