From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: Js Debugger start fails
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2003 22:42:01 GMT
Andreas Neumann wrote:

> Here is the output on my console:
> --------------
>         at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
> [...]
> Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
> (java.util.PropertyPermission user.home read)
>         at
> java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:270)
>         at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:401)
>         at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:542)

> any idea on what could be wrong?

    The problem is the 'enforce secure scripting' option
in the Preferences->browser Options->security settings pane.
When this is on everything executing in the context of the
JavaScript jar file runs in the 'sand box' this prevents
reading almost all properties including getting your
home directory (which it only wants for the open file
dialog :).

    This should probably be granted somehow although it
would in fact be tricky to do for now I suggest turning
off secure scripting while debugging.  Sorry about this.