From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: out of memory
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 13:25:34 GMT
techno info wrote:

> i tried putting the COLOR_ID as COLOR_ID_YCbCrA ,but still it throws the same error.
 > may be something i am doing wrong..

   Can you post your current code as a standalone example?

> reg writing a rendered image to remove alpha any links provided will be
> of great help. many thanks

   Well there are a number of examples in
    sources/org/apache/batik/ext/awt/image/rendered

   Your best bet will probably to implement this as a 'background color'
operation, so the user can provide a solid color to "fill in" the
transparent regions.  The easiest way to do this would be to wrap
the two (source w/ Alpha, and generated w/o alpha) rasters (which is
what rendered images compute) into BufferedImages (simply provide the
ColorModel from the RenderedImage) Then fill the dest with the solid color
and draw the source BufferedImage over the dest.

> On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 Thomas DeWeese wrote :
>
>>techno info wrote:
>>

>>>hi thomas,
>>>many thanks,i did modify the code that takes the band.
>>>i am getting the floowing error
>>>/*
>>>Exception breakpoint occurred at line 158 of JPEGParam.java.
>>>java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: NumComponents not in sync with COLOR_ID
>>
>>Ooops, sorry, the SVG Image has alpha so you will either need to write
>>a small renderedImage to remove the Alpha (way beyond the scope of this
>>list) or use COLOR_ID_YCbCrA (The 'A' is for Alpha).
>>

>>>*/ i also noticed that Abstractred.getSampleModel i.e im.getSampleModel() is fetching
no value.
>>>i might be doing something wrong.

to convert svg to jpg. i tried the solution mentioned by you earlier
to get the JPEGEncodeParam.the value of JPEGEncodeParam is coming as null.

int org.apache.batik.ext.awt.image.codec.tiff.TIFFImageEncoder.encode(java.awt.image.RenderedImage,
org.apache.batik.ext.awt.image.codec.tiff.TIFFEncodeParam, int, boolean) TIFFImageEncoder.java:441
void org.apache.batik.ext.awt.image.codec.tiff.TIFFImageEncoder.encode(java.awt.image.RenderedImage)
TIFFImageEncoder.java:164 void org.apache.batik.apps.tiledTranscoder.TiledImageTranscoder.transcode(org.w3c.dom.Document,
java.lang.String, org.apache.batik.transcoder.TranscoderOutput) TiledImageTranscoder.java:76
void org.apache.batik.transcoder.XMLAbstractTranscoder.transcode(org.apache.batik.transcoder.TranscoderInput,
org.apache.batik.transcoder.TranscoderOutput) XMLAbstractTranscoder.java:174 void org.apache.batik.transcoder.SVGAbstractTranscoder.transcode(org.apache.batik.transcoder.TranscoderInput,
org.apache.batik.transcoder.TranscoderOutput) SVGAbstractTranscoder.java:188