From George Armhold <armh...@cs.rutgers.edu>
Subject race condition in JSVGComponent/RunnableQueue ?
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 16:11:36 GMT
Hi,

I have a small program that demonstrates a problem with JSVGComponent.
I run an infinite loop that alternates the loading of two SVG docs.
After running for a while, a race condition appears to cause one of
the documents to get "stuck" in the canvas; subsequent calls to
setSVGDocument seem to have no effect.  The canvas seems "alive"
insofar as responding to window resizes/redraws, but the
setSVGDocument never seems to have any effect.  I suspect that a
thread is starving in a RunnableQueue somewhere.  Perhaps this has
something to do with it:

http://koala.ilog.fr/batik/mlists/batik-dev/archives/msg03651.html

?

I've attached the sample program.  You might need to adjust the
argument to sleep for your platform.  The 400 works for me on my Linux
box.

Thanks for your attention.

--
George Armhold