From "Richard Harris" <rhar...@rhel.cnchost.com>
Subject RE: Making JavaScript run faster in Batik and Adobe
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 16:46:07 GMT
Hi,
  I have made some progress on solving performance issues.  A control-break at a
time of high cpu usage indicated that it was painting (actually doing clipping
processing).  My experience so far is that the javascript is fast, but that
painting (when nested clipPaths are used too heavily) and mouse tracking (when
there are lots of mouse sensitive objects, or when the mouse sensitive objects
make heavy use of clipping) is slow.  I have found that changes that improve
Batik's processing speed seem to also improve Adobe's speed.

Rick