From Lenny G Arbage <alengarb...@yahoo.com>
Subject SVG Viewer from in memory SVG
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 15:11:37 GMT
I would like to use batik to write a simple
application which recieves SVG documents from a UDP
port, then renders them immediately to screen.  The
client may receive documents at a rate of roughly 1
per second, and each document forms a "frame" from a
live feed, so that the progression of frames starts to
look like an animation.

I've tried extending SVGApplication (which uses
JSVGCanvas), but the double-buffering doesn't seem to
quite look right -- I get mostly flashing white
screens with brief glimpses of rendered output.  This
is obviously not the right way to approach the problem
(because of the flashing, and since Canvas wants a URI
anyway).  So I'm just looking for some general
guidance -- which batik packages should I start
looking at first to approach this "the right way?"

  Thanks,
  Lenny