From Chris Cruzdal <ccruz...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Show Rendering When Panning
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 16:06:46 GMT
Hi,

what I did is I simply changed the
AbstractPanInteractor which comes with Batik, made it
use setRenderingTransform() instead of
setPaintingTransform() in the mouseDragged() method,
recompiled, and tried the stuff. Now, it appears to do
what I wanted previously, but
a) very slowly, I guess because my graphs are a bit
complex, as it stalls on a Pentium 3200 with 2048 Ram
=) --- and,
b) it messes up the transformation; i.e. it always
goes back to the initial transformation, even though I
think that I preserve the rendering transformation: I
use

AffineTransform at =
AffineTransform.getTranslateInstance(xCurrent -
xStart,
 yCurrent - yStart);

AffineTransform rt =
(AffineTransform)c.getRenderingTransform().clone();

rt.preConcatenate(at);
c.setRenderingTransform(rt);

as my code. As it is currently too slow, it is very
likely that I will not use it, but I would still be
interested in knowing how to preserve the rendering
transformation.

Thanks,

Chris
--