From Cameron McCormack <cam-batik-us...@aka.mcc.id.au>
Subject Re: example please
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2004 01:24:02 GMT
ananth balasubramanyam:
> When the SVG is exported from Adobe Illustrator, it puts its own
> <foreignObject> tags in which it uses a <flow> tag with alignment
> information(for eg: text-align: center). But the <text> svg tag just has
> the x and y info. so if the user types a smaller text compared to the
> original text, the text seems to be shifted left ie it doesnt appear to
> be aligned like the original text..

Do you mean... if the person creating the SVG in Adobe Illustrator types
some smaller text, or does your SVG allow the user to type text in when
it's being viewed in Batik?

> Should i be parsing the svg xml for adobe specific information to see if
> there is a text-align and then insert text-anchor tags in my DOM, or is
> there a export mechanism is adobe ills so that i can ask it to put these
> tags for me.

I haven't used Adobe Illustrator, so I'm not really sure what sort of
information it would store there or how it is used.

--
Cameron McCormack