From Gold Martin <Martin.G...@blva.bayern.de>
Subject how to switch scripting on/off - found 2 exceptions
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:04:46 GMT
hello,

I have a SVG file with ECMA script to show text when the mouse is over areas
(there are some thousand areas to show the name of the area).
How can I switch off/on mouse over effects with the Batik Java classes.
My problem is that the mouse over effects sometimes annoy.
So I want that the user can switch scripting on and off in our SVG browser.
Can I do this with the 'pointer-events' property? I want to set it for the
whole group of areas - not for every <text> tag

When I worked with the browser I found 2 exceptions:

1.) I have implemented the JSVGScrollPane (version 1.4). Fine thing and very
fast.
But when I load an SVG document without the viewbox attribute and I change
the transformation (e.g. zoom), I get a NullPointerException and it is not
any longer possible to change the transformation in the canvas:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.batik.swing.JSVGScrollPane.checkAndSetViewBoxRect(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.batik.swing.JSVGScrollPane.resizeScrollBars(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.batik.swing.JSVGScrollPane$ScrollListener.componentResized
(Unknown Source)

2.) When I zoom in the JSVGCanvas with a zoom factor more than 1000 or 1500
(OK it's not usual) I get the following exception:
sun.dc.pr.PRException: endPath: bad path
        at sun.dc.pr.Rasterizer.endPath(Rasterizer.java:537)
        at
sun.java2d.pipe.DuctusRenderer.createShapeRasterizer(DuctusRenderer.java:374
)
        at
sun.java2d.pipe.DuctusShapeRenderer.renderPath(DuctusShapeRenderer.java:57)

best regards,
Martin