From Ken Larson <ken.lar...@mindspring.com>
Subject batik applet and security - why?
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 21:03:52 GMT
I am using JSVGCanvas in a swing applet.  The URL of my SVG file is in
the same location as the applet.  So therefore in theory, my applet
should need no special privileges to run, since it can get the SVG file
using an URL based on the applet's codebase URL.  However, I still get a
security exception.  I think the XML processor is trying to read my home
directory from the system properties or something.

Anybody have any suggestions as to how to make a batik applet not
require special privileges?  I can get it to work of course by granting
my applet special privileges, but this is cumbersome for distribution
and as far as I know, it should be completely unneccessary.

Ken