From Jean-Christophe ARNU <a...@paratronic.fr>
Subject Re: JDK 1.5's OpenGL Java2D pipeline
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:04:46 GMT
Guillaume Pothier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is a new Java2D implementation in the JDK1.5 which uses OpenGL to
> perform rendering.
> Has anybody tried it out? Is there a big performance improvement?
> G.

	I've rapidly tried it on my LinuxBox equiped with a NVidia GeForce4
chip with cartographic vector file (about 200kB not compressed file). It
does not speed the rendering up... But  I'm not sure my box was
correctly configured to get the best performance  out of OpenGL API (I
get Ugly black box, hurting blit dirt on mouse trace and so on, on
standard SWING widget also).
	I will get another try when I would get time to correctly configure my
Box (won't be soon).
	If you get better rendering hints, feel free to inform us :)

--
Jean-Christophe Arnu (JX)
Paratronic